GEMSTONES & JEWELRY CARE
- How does one determine the value and quality of a gemstone?
- Most gemstones are determined by the cut and color along with the rarity of the stone. One shouldn’t purchase a gemstone solely on the rarity, but instead on its
return of beauty and pleasure it gives to the wearer. Gemstones are graded much like Diamonds – The Four C’s Cut, Color , Clarity and Carat At Mulloys Fine
Jewelry our Graduate Gemologists are always willing to educate it’s customers on how to buy the right gemstone.
Cut: A gemstone must be cut to the correct calculations to present the most brilliance. If a stone is cut to just the right proportions you will see the fire and scintillation capture your eye.
Color: It is important to look for a very strong vivid color with exceptional color saturation which will burst within the gemstone.
Clarity: All Gemstones exhibit some inclusions, the type and location of the inclusion will determine the clarity grading of the stone. It is important to note that the inclusions are helpful to determine whether or not the stone is genuine and natural. The inclusions shouldn’t be noticeable to the naked eye and they shouldn’t detract from its natural beauty. Carat Weight: Stones are weighed in carats. Larger stones are rarer than smaller stones. Some gemstones , like Amethyst are found very large while others like Ruby are not.
- How can I find my birthstone?
- MulloysJewelry.com has a birthstone chart which will help you to find your birthstone. Take a look under gemstones to find yours.
- How much should I set my budget for when purchasing a gemstone?
- Gemstones can be defined as Semi Precious and Precious categories. When setting your budget it is important to remember that depending on your budget you can purchase a higher quality semi-precious stone or a lower quality Precious stone. The semi-precious stones are more readily available hence the supply keeps pricing down, while precious stones are rarer and will command higher prices. A Mulloys Fine Jewelry Graduate Gemologist is always willing to answer any questions you may have.
- Is there a difference between precious and semi-precious gemstones?
- “Semi-precious” refers to inferior value which can be an Amethyst or an Emerald. Many people refer to an Emerald as a precious stone , however all natural gemstones are precious, what determines the semi-precious or precious category is the quality and availability. Yes even a high quality rare Amethyst can be precious.
- What is the best way to clean or care for my gemstone jewelry?
- It is important to care for all of your jewelry just as you would any of your valuables. No harsh chemicals, no abrasive wear against them, avoid wearing them while doing yard work or active sports. Most of your jewelry can be cleaned with Mulloysjewelry.com’s seltzer cleaner – “Bauble Bath” this is an amazing product which will fizz your jewelry clean while not harming the stones or metal. Ask a Mulloys associate how to get yours. While inspecting and cleaning your jewelry yourself it is important to have your jewelry inspected and maintained professionally by Mulloys Fine Jewelry ever few years if worn regularly.
- What if I love the designer’s collection but don’t like the colored gemstone combination?
- Mulloysjewelry.com works very closely with all our award winning designers and in many cases we can accommodate them to customize the item to your gemstone specifications. Our experienced design department can also offer a variety of options to create a custom design especially for you. Ask a Mulloys representative about your choices
- Is it important to have my jewelry appraised and insured?
- Yes, Mulloys recommends having your jewelry appraised or re-appraised once every three years, unless precious metals and gemstones are rising quickly in the marketplace. If you are unsure please check with your Mulloys representative for there opinion. In most cases your original invoice will protect you from loss with your insurance company for a period of one year, However Many homeowner policies have dollar amount limitations for jewelry coverage, and you may have to obtain a “jewelry rider” to your policy to be sufficiently insured. You should check with your insurance company to see what they recommend. Mulloys Fine Jewelry’s on-site Graduate Gemologists and Certified Gemologist Appraisers are here to answer any of your appraisal questions. Call today 877-685-5697
- Is Roberto Coin Rubies Conflict Free?
- “The Signature Ruby found in all of the Roberto Coin jewelry designs has always been a special wish from Roberto to his clients for a life full of love, health and good fortune. The use of the ruby has become a tradition for Roberto Coin since 1996 when he first introduced his signature Appassionata Collection. We have been aware that the mining and production of the ruby has come at the expense of our fellow world citizens in Myanmar. Ninety percent of the world’s ruby supply is sourced from the country of Myanmar whose people have fallen under an unjust military regime. Our current stock of rubies has been purchased from reputable suppliers who have certified that they have been neither mined nor cut in Myanmar. As our inventories are now nearly depleted, Roberto Coin will be implementing the use of manufactured rubies, similar to those used in watch movements, into all of his designs moving forward. We would like to assure you that these stones will be of the highest quality and adhere to the strictest quality control standards set forth by Roberto Coin. Should the situation in Myanmar be resolved and the United Nations confirm that the rights of the Myanmar people restored Roberto Coin will resume its use of rubies in the collections. Our tradition of wishing our clients a life of love and prosperity will continue.”
- Is Mulloys Fine Jewelry diamonds Conflict Free?
- This is of great concern to Mulloys and we take every precaution to prevent the sale of conflict diamonds. Mulloys along with all our partner adhere to the Kimberly process which enforces all our diamond to be from a legitimate source and that these items are not involved in funding conflict.
We demand that our vendors remain in compliance with UN resolutions and the Kimberley Process. Our vendors guarantee that the diamonds we buy are conflict free, based on personal knowledge and/or written guarantees provided by the supplier of these diamonds.
Organizations in our industry agreed in 2003 on a program of self-regulation to complement the Kimberley Process created by the governments of nations involved in the diamond trade. Mulloys Fine Jewelry Inc. Applauded the introduction of this global system to combat the illicit traffic in conflict diamonds and Mulloys policy has always supported our industry’s self-regulation program.
PAYMENTS & SALES TAX
- Will I be charged sales tax?
- Sales tax is only collected on orders shipped to addresses in California.
- What payment methods does Mulloys accept?
- For Our Customers convenience Mulloys accepts the following forms of payment:
Credit cards: Mulloys GE Credit Card, Visa, MasterCard, Diners Club, American Express, Discover.
Bank wires: Arrange payment through your bank
Gift certificates may only be used for orders in US dollars
Western Union – (International order only)
Verified – Personal & Cashiers Checks
Cash – (In-store only)
*Mulloys is now offering a layaway plan for engagement rings and other fine jewelry. Our Jewelry layaway plan allows you to make up to 4 monthly payments in order to purchase an engagement ring or other piece of fine jewelry.
- What does it mean when you ask for a verified address for credit card payments?
- This is the address that your credit card company confirms and is associated with your account as verified to ship to. I.e. your billing address
- Why does Mulloys need to ship to a verified address?
- For your Protection: Most online fraud cases involve someone using a credit card and shipping the merchandise to another address. Before the cardholder is even aware of the transaction the items have been shipped to an address the cardholder has never heard of! To protect our customers and limit fraud we will only ship to an address YOU say is correct.
- How do I add an address to be verified?
- Simply Call the phone number on the back of your credit card and ask to add an alternate address for shipping. This will not change where your statement is sent; it will simply be an extra address that you have approved for shipping. Mulloys will verify this address with your issuing bank and we will only then be able to ship to that address
RETURNS & EXCHANGES
- What is your return policy?
- Please visit our policy page to learn more about Mulloys return policies. (Link)
- How do I make a return/exchange?
- Please contact your Mulloys Sales Associate at 877-685-5697 to arrange your return or exchange.
- Where do I send my return/exchange?
- Please Visit Returns under our Policies page to learn more about how to send your return or exchange back. (Link)
- What if I want to return my order and I cannot find the certificate or appraisal?
- Any item ordered with a diamond grading certificate or appraisal must accompany the returned item. A $250 fee will be charged to replace the certificate.
- How long will it take for my return to show up on my credit card?
- Returns may take one to two weeks for Mulloys to process and at least one billing cycle for the credit to appear on your credit card statement.
- How do I Process a Return to Mulloys?
- Please visit our policy page for answers on how to process a qualified return!
- Do you charge for shipping?
- Our shipping promotions allow for Free shipping over $99 purchased. Please visit our Policies page to learn more about our shipping partners and options.
- Which shipping carrier do you use?
- Mulloys uses a variety of shipping partners depending on value and destination. Please visit our Policies page to learn more about our shipping partners and options – (Link).
- When will Mulloys ship my order?
- Most of MulloysJewelry.com’s in-stock items ship within 72 hours. Special orders may take longer depending on the item and designer (Speak with your sales associate to learn more about how long). Some backorder items shipping vary depending on availability and designer availability.
- Will Mulloys ship to Canada?
- Mulloys is proud to ship to more than 10 countries around the globe. Check our international shipping list to see if your country is included.
- Can I purchase from Mulloys if I live outside the United States?
- Yes please see our complete list of international countries we sell to at – Shipping Policies. International shipments are subject to duty and/or local taxes which are collected by FedEx upon delivery. Every country is different so please check with you Customs Office for accurate duty information on fine jewelry.
- Am I liable for my diamond or jewelry while it is being shipped?
- Mulloys Fine Jewelry and Mulloysjewelry.com insures every order. Mulloys shipping and insurance partners require an adult signature for each delivery made. Your purchase is protected up until the delivery signature. Mulloys does not accept any signature waivers you may have on file with UPS or FedEx regardless of the amount. Mulloys security policy is to protect you.
- Does Mulloys deliver on Saturdays?
- Mulloys can make special arrangement to have your package delivered on a Saturday. Generally FedEx or UPS can deliver on Saturdays. Depending on your area you may have to pick the package up at your nearest service center. This service may incur additional charges. Please check out our shipping policies, or ask your Sales associate. We can arrange for you to pick up your package at the FedEx World Service Center nearest you.
- How can I track my order?
- Once your order is processed and Mulloys shipping department has prepared it for it’s destination a tracking number is provided and will automatically be forwarded to your email address for easy tracking.
SPECIAL ORDERS, CUSTOM DESIGN, REPAIRS & ALTERATIONS
- Can Mulloys create a custom piece of jewelry for me or make a small change?
- Mulloys Fine Jewelry and Mulloysjewelry.com’s Design Consultants will help you create exactly what you want; our on-site design department has created thousands of custom designs. Call today to discuss your idea – 877-685-5697
- Will Mulloys laser inscribe my diamond for me?
- Most of Mulloys Fine Jewelry’s GIA Diamonds are inscribed. If you find a diamond that is not laser inscribed, Mulloys would be happy to inscribe it for you. (There may be additional charges for this service). Please contact our Diamond department to schedule your inscription.
- Will Mulloys re-size a ring?
- Mulloys Fine Jewelry and Mulloysjewelry.com offers complimentary ring resizing on all customized engagement rings during the first year. Contact our repair department to schedule your sizing. 877-685-5697
- What if I can’t find the diamond I want on your site?
- Mulloys partners with the largest international diamond cutters and wholesale distributors. If you can’t find it please call our Diamond department to help assist you in finding the perfect Diamond. Just call 877-685-5697 and speak with a Mulloys Fine Jewelry Diamond Specialist.
- Can I view a loose diamond I purchased before its set in a ring?
- Mulloys is always willing to send you a diamond for inspection. You can view it prior to it being set. Once you have purchased, received and inspected your diamond please call Mulloys for and authorization number to return it for setting. Mulloys is always happy to customize any setting for you.
- Will Mulloys help to keep the engagement ring a surprise?
- Since jewelry is often given for an engagement or other special occasion, Mulloys will help keep your purchase a surprise. We can expedite your delivery, or we can ship your order to an address other than your home. You will need to add this as an alternate address to your form of payment by calling your credit cards issuing bank so your credit card can be verified. Please contact your sales associate to discuss your options.
- Are Mulloys prices flexible?
- Mulloys Fine Jewelry and Mulloysjewelry.com offers certified diamonds and fine Designer jewelry at the lowest prices in the industry. We pride ourselves by providing our customers with the “Lowest Price Guarantee” Check out our lowest price guaranteed under our policies.
- What is Mulloys Diamond Availability?
- Many of the diamonds you see online can be shipped within 48 hours. If you don’t see what you are looking for, a Mulloys Diamond specialist can assist you – Just call 877-685-5697.
- How do I know if my Designer Jewelry or Diamond is Available?
- Mulloys Fine Jewelry makes every effort to keep the inventory on our website up to date and on hand, however it is possible for an item to be sold before we are able to remove it from our site. In the unlikely event that this happens and you purchase an item that has become unavailable, we will immediately contact you and give you the option to special order it or choose a similar item or cancel the order altogether. If you are unsure you can always call a Mulloys Specialist to verify availability at 877-685-5697.
- Does the Mulloys Item Pricing & Availability ever change?
- Mulloys Fine Jewelry makes every effort to keep our inventory up to date and accurate. Although unlikely, it is possible that an item’s price can change (due to the fluctuating metal and diamond market), Mulloys reserves the right to modify the price of the sale, or void it altogether, if the customer doesn’t want to purchase at the new price. In addition, it is also possible for an item to become unavailable before we get a chance to remove it from our site, and if this happens, we reserve the right to void the sale.
- How can I make changes to my order?
- Please call us immediately at 877-685-5697 and speak to a Mulloys Specialist if you want to make any changes to your order.
- What is my bracelet size?
- The easiest way to find your size for a bracelet is to take a string or thin ribbon and wrap it around your wrist and mark or cut the bypass area, and then measure the string or ribbon with a ruler. This will give you a measurement of your wrist. Inches are the most common practice in measurements for bracelets. Many companies, like John Hardy or Konstantino recommend a bracelet to be at least 1/2 to 1 inch larger then your wrist. If your wrist measures 6.5" in diameter or the length of your string then a 7.0 or 7.5" bracelet would be the optimal size. Everyone has there personal preference as to the fit.
- What is my ring size?
- Mulloys makes it easy to find your ring size. Download this pdf ring sizer, print it and follow the instruction to get your size at your leisure.
- Can Mulloys make my jewelry in a different color metal or type?
- Yes! Mulloys works very closely with our partners and in most cases our partners and designers are very willing to accommodate your requests. Simply ask your sales associate.
- How can I determine the right size John Hardy chain for me?
- Mulloys Chains by John Hardy come in a variety of styles and sizes. We are sure you’ll find the right fit for you. Check out the style numbers below to determine the reference size.
A Mulloys John Hardy Specialist can assist you with any questions you may have. Woven bracelet and necklace widths
Mini 92C 3mm
Slim 93C 4mm
Extra Small 96C 5mm
Small 904C 6.5mm
Med 90400C 7.5mm
Large 9404C 10.5mm
Most bracelets are available in the following lengths in inches.
- What is Rhodium Plating?
- Precious Metals can be Rhodium Plated to provide protection and to help prevent tarnish and surface scratches and to give the piece a reflective, high-polish, high-shine white surface. Rhodium is electroplated on to white gold, sterling silver and platinum. This is known as rhodium “flashing” in the jewelry business.
- From a decorative standpoint, what makes rhodium so desirable?
- Among numerous other physical characteristics such as hardness, and high reflectivity, rhodium has an extraordinary resistance to most acids and corrosive substances. It is one of the few “white” metals that will remain bright and reflective under all atmospheric conditions at ordinary temperatures. As a result, electroplated surfaces that utilize rhodium plating remain scratch resistant, bright and attractive for years.
STORE HOURS AND DIRECTIONS
- What are your store hours?
- Mulloys Hour are – Monday – Saturday 10am – 5pm (Pacific Standard Time)
- How do I qualify for the Mulloys $25 gift certificate?
- Just share your purchase experience by posting an image of your item along with a short review and you will be credited in your account.
- How can I use a promotional code?
- Mulloys will periodically offer special or promotional codes for various designers and/or products. You can use your active promotional code during the check out process with your shopping cart purchase. “Not" a shopping cart purchase , just provide your promotional code to a Mulloys sales associate when you contact us at 877-685-5797 Check out our current promotions.
- How do I get my jewelry under warranty repaired?
- Mulloys takes pride in showcasing today’s top designers and stands behind all the jewelry we sell. We make sure our designers undergo our strict quality control and prove that there product meets the Mulloys standards. If you require a repair to your warranted item either contact a Mulloys Specialist or follow the instructions below pertaining to the designer. Shipping and/or service fees may apply and will be quoted from the designer.
JOHN HARDY WARRANTY POLICY COVERS BASIC REPAIRS AND MANUFACTURING DEFECTS FOR ONE YEAR. A SALES RECIEPT MUST BE PROVIDED FROM A JOHN HARDY AUTHORIZED RETAILER FOR THIS WARRANTY TO BE VALID.
Send your item to: John Hardy offices
601 West 26 Street
New York, NY 10001
Please attach a letter with comments regarding the product as well as your address and contact information. We recommend you send the item certified and insured.
Michele Watch Warrantee – If you have an issue or require a repair on your Michele Watch item (watches and bracelets only – no straps), you may send your item directly to Michele
for repair. Shipping and service fees may apply and will be quoted and charged by Michele Watch or Metro Service Center.
Send your item to:
METRO SERVICE CENTER
10615 SANDON DRIVE
DALLAS, TX 75238
Include a $12.50 check or money order made to ‘Metro Service Center’ to cover return shipping and handling. Please attach a letter with comments regarding the product as well as your address and contact information. We recommend you send the item certified and insured. NOTE: Michelle does not repair non-metal straps.
If you have an issue or require a repair on your item. You may send your item directly to the manufacturer for repair. Shipping and service fees may apply and will be quoted and charged by the manufacturer.
Send your item to:
Roberto Coin Inc.
579 5th Ave. 17 floor
New York, N. Y. 10017
Please attach a letter with comments regarding the product as well as your address and contact information. We recommend you send the item certified and insured.
We will have a thumbnail image bar after the name of each gemstone. The image bar will start with an image of the loose stone then allow images of various designers jewelry showcasing said gemstone along with a view all button the view all button will be hardcoded to search descriptions of all jewelry with said gemstone and pull up a thumbnail page of all (same as the shop by department or shop by style or shop by gemstone would do). So maybe just a link.
I highly recommend checking out this store. Not only for the expert service, but the pieces chosen are phenomenal!
We received splendid service on a very tight deadline. Thank you for a great experience
From start to finish, Cindee has been an absolute wonder to work with. Talk about some of the best customer service you can receive.